Tuesday, September 11, 2012

THOUGHTS about YOUR DESTINY!!


THOUGHTS about YOUR DESTINY!!
Self Evaluation

 

STOP!  Take a good look at where you are right now…are you where you want to be?  Better yet are you where you are destined to be?  Do you like where you are?  Now that you are thinking about it…are you wondering how you got here??

 

At a Women's Conference, Creflo Dollar made this statement that has forever changed my life: Your Thinking Determines Your Destiny.  Duh…I knew that!  So why was I in the rut that I was in at that time?  At that moment, I began to evaluate my life. 

 

My Thoughts determines my Words.  My Words determines my Actions.  My Actions determines my Habits.  My Habits determines my Character.  My Character determines my Destiny. 

 

We've discussed the fact that our behavior/emotions determine what pops into our heads (October 2006 P.A.I.D.D.); so let's start here with our thinking.  Generally, if I think about something long enough it is safe to say that I will begin to say/speak those things (words).  The more I say/speak something; I will begin to act/behave that way (actions).  My actions will cause me to do certain things (habits).  And what I do usually tells who I am or what I'm about (character).  Who I am or what I'm about is a good indicator of why I am where I am (destiny).  Selah

 

If I watch the movie Superman and think that it would be cool to fly and begin to tell people that I'm gonna fly and run out and buy a cape and start jumping off steps or cliffs then I will go crazy and I will end up in either a hospital (psych-ward) or dead.  A little dramatic…but you get my point.

 

I DON'T LIKE WHERE I AM--how can I change my destiny?  If you don't like where you are then you need to evaluate how you got there.  Seems simple right?  It could be if you are completely honest with yourself.  Change is the result of a process…it takes time and real effort.  [In the same token, sometimes we are just where God has intended for us to be; but for the sake of this text we are only focusing on what we have the control and ability to change].

 

In most cases, a destiny change isn't as simple as merely going in a different direction.  Picking up where you left off and/or switching courses doesn't address any issues…you'll just carry your baggage through that trip too.  You'll need to get to the root of where it all went wrong. 

 

How can I get to the root of my problem when there's nothing wrong with me?  This can be a hard concept to grasp if I am not open to the fact that I am not perfect; or if those sores are too painful to pick.  I can't find the root of a tree without first breaking the surface.  I'd have to start with where I am, then dig deep.  If I take my Destiny backwards and clean up my Character by changing my Habits and Acting differently since my Words are better because of righteous and positive Thinking--then I'll end up in a better starting place.  Selah

 

What disappointment(s) triggered my negativity?  What lack or desires caused my frivolous spending?  What comment initiated my insecurities?  Where did my trust-issues begin?  Am I overcompensating for my lack?  Am I not giving myself enough credit?  Besides me, what is the common factor in my failed relationships?  How do I handle my emotions?  Do I think highly of myself?  What have I given to God?  What have I taken back?  Again I say…Selah

 

Self evaluation is essential in staying on track to fulfilling our destiny.  I said SELF evaluation--meaning to evaluate my status with what God has purposed for me-- not comparing myself with someone else.  We aren't perfect so there is always room for improvement (no matter how old or successful we become).  Our flaws are there to keep us humble.

 

Begin by writing things down…quirks, flaws, ambitions, goals, finances, prayers.  Writing down your thoughts brings them to life.  It becomes a blue print to the destiny that you are building.  It is available for review.  It keeps you on track, and it shows progress.  When you write down your thoughts and reread them…you create a clear and realistic view of your destiny.  Statistically, averages of about 90% of the people who write down their goals accomplish them.  [Habakkuk 2:2]

 

Seek God for your starting place.  Ask Him to take you to that place where you detoured or became stagnant.  Without true deliverance from this dry place, you will never achieve the fulfillment of who God is calling you to be. 

 

Rica Martin 

No comments:

Post a Comment